Thursday, July 20, 2006

The best opener is your own fucking opener

Now that the community is getting more and more mainstream attention this becomes more important - you will look like a real prick if you go and blurt out the same sentence that some other guy has just done on a set which shot him down.

I never feel congruent delivering somebody else's shit. I could put effort into practicing the delivery a bit before I go out and use it, but I'd rather invest that effort in creating my own material, that I know hasn't been used out in the field (to the best of my knowledge).

The way you do it is like this. Before you go to sleep; imagine a club situation you've been in before (especially b4 you knew about the community). Imagine an opportunity you passed by 'cause you didn't know what to say/approach anxiety etc.

Now take 10 minutes to think of something to say to her. Your idea may be crap, but note it down anyway. If your idea was crap or you couldn't really think of anything to say, in the morning a new idea will arise in your mind. It's how the subconscious mind works. Note it down.

Now keep doing this regularly and build up your own material over days. Memorise it - that's it you've got a something now.

Your openers are just a crutches to assist you whilst you improve. It's a bit like your mind is saying "I need a fucking opener to repeat verbatim because I am so fucking nervous I couldn't initiate a conversation by any other means".

Later on you find that you can think of something to say on the spot in any situation. When out and about you will see lots of women around you that you have no interest in. For any situation keep thinking of openers, to practice your skills. You don't have to actually open them.

I don't go by the 3 second rule. I understand the importance of not staling out a target, but I create my own rules according to my observations. If I force myself to 3 second rule and then go and mutter some crap that doesn't cut it, then you've wasted the opportunity.

Do it this way. Locate your target, if you're not sure what to fucking say, immediately remove yourself from the target's visual contact vacinity and have a think. That way you will not stale her out. You run the risk of analysis paralysis if you still a beginner, but I prefer doing it like this if I am hesitating with AA.

As you get good and you start to observe a high close rate in your approaches, you suddenly realise, that the opener could have been any old crap - it didn't really matter. It's just if the opener is something natural to say to someone you will less nervous delivering it, because you will feel 'it doesn't look like I'm trying to pull her if I say this'. As I said later on you can be more upfront in your intentions and get away with saying any old shit, because your successes will give you the necessary confidence.

I have never bought any pickup products, but if somebody wants to give me some good canned material to look at (like MM stories to demonstrate value), I'll look at it and have a think if I could use

From what I know I would say that from the main schools of thought, Badboy's way of doing things is closest to my own natural game (in terms of the beginning of an approach). Then I would say Mysterys' stuff is perhaps closer to my

Before I got into the community, I pulled off some awesome street closes/instant dates/full extractions. I would drive around London like a hungry dog looking for meat. The trouble was that successes (which were few in number) were so awesome, I just got so freaked out by the achievement, I couldn't really comprehend how I did it. Now I know.

I've got it down now, that virtually every fucking time I close, if I can be bothered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home